We welcome you the website of the fastest growing international special needs/ adaptive judo organisation in the world.
Special Needs Judo Union is a non-political, non-profit organisation providing unprecedented quality in education, training and competition for all people involved in inclusive judo.
We have a number of goals and ambitious plans for the future development of Special Needs judo worldwide, some of which we have already achieved.
Our main objectives & goals include:
• Promote and develop special needs judo worldwide
• Unite existing SN judo nations with common goals and rules
• Develop an SN/adaptive coaching programme for existing and new SN judo coaches
• Develop an SN/Adaptive referee programme and register
• Develop a single set of competition rules that are agreed and implemented by all
• Offer help and advice to international National Governing Bodies on the formation & development of SN judo programmes
To date we have united 46 SN judo bodies spanning 25 countries worldwide, this number is growing all the time and includes 5 National Judo Federations, 10 special needs judo organisations and 31 SN/Adaptive judo clubs.
Our SN/Adaptive Referee training programme is in full flow with 16 referees currently enrolled and 3 newly qualified international SN referees receiving their international C awards recently.
We are about to launch our adaptive coaching programme soon which will expand the extensive network of coaches worldwide and will help fulfil the growing demand for the growing number of people with mixed abilities that want to get involved in judo.
Please feel free to browse our site and if you have any questions or suggestion, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com